Friday, May 25, 2007

Must Be Spring

Finally, the leaves have shown themselves, and wildflowers are starting to pop up. People's moods are rising in corresponding rhythm. I even wore a skirt and sandals to work for the first time in months today...all sure signs of spring.

Last night was a garden night. Since I thought we were going to be doing some major landscaping this spring in the back yard, I had neglected it. But now that I've gotten my head around the fact that it's not going to happen this year (the money was needed for the N.S. house instead) I am doing what I can to play catch up. Last evening was spent digging around and fertilizing some of my perennials, and planting some raspberry bushes. Joe began on the annuals. Tonight fresh dirt, compost and manure goes into a bed that will be used for the lettuce, various other greens, herbs and whatever else I can fit in there. And the rhubarb is just days away from being turned into pies! Yum!

No comments: