Monday, January 28, 2008

Cold Winds; Winds of Change

Environment Canada says the temperature this morning is -34, but with a strong wind blowing, it actually feels like -50 degrees. Even with all my multiple layers, it was a rather bracing walk to and from the bus stop. Hopefully we'll see some change over the next few days.

Speaking of change, Alan is undergoing a sort of transformation. He got his long hair all cut off, says he wants to form a blues/rock band (in addition to and not in place of his heavy metal band Sanctuary), and has decided to apply to a couple of Canadian colleges that offer music programs instead of applying to MI in Los Angeles. He's cutting it close in terms of getting his application in, but being a Taurus, he's always been prone to taking his own sweet time getting from Point A to Point B. Trying to push him along has never worked. So I have offered to help with the application process and now I sit and wait for him to take me up on the offer. Being an Aries though, patience is not one of my virtues.

While I'm on the topic of music, I recently found out that the father of one of my dance teachers is the Toronto musician/composer Russ Little and has played a few gigs with my brother. Another example of what a small world we live in these days.

And speaking of dance, Iris absolutely loved Dirty Dancing. She went out for drinks with some of the cast afterwards and had a blast. She seems a much happier camper these days. Yeah!!

No comments: