Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Out of Touch

I have been 'off-line' for the past three days. A problem with the phone line leading into our house meant we were without telephone or Internet service the whole long week-end (it was a holiday yesterday in the Yukon - Discovery Day).

The lack of phone service didn't bother me a bit. In fact, I enjoyed not hearing the telephone ring. I liked it so much that I'm thinking we should get rid of our land line and just rely on our cell phones.

Another benefit is that that the time I normally would have spent on the Internet was freed up to paint Jamie's room. Funny, two years ago he wanted his room painted black. This time, he asked that it be painted white! After his first night sleeping in his 'new' room, he told me how much he liked all the light. He said he felt like he was in heaven!

No comments: