Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Quick Rounding of the Corner

It never fails: I am always caught off guard by how quickly the seasons change. Sunday started out as cold fall day. Grant it, most of the leaves had already fallen to the ground, and you could smell snow in the air, but it was still autumn. By the afternoon, shortly before we headed out to a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner, it started to snow. By Monday morning, autumn was no more...we were instead fully ensconced in winter.

The light on Monday morning was striking: greys, blues, yellows, mauves, and colours I don't even have words for. If I were a painter, I would have been out there trying to capture the feel of it all. The Yukon has one the highest concentrations of artists in Canada and it's on days like yesterday that I can fully understand why.

Lulu, you, your sketch pad and your paints must come for a visit!

No comments: