Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break in the Yukon

It's March Break, and I'm loving it. It means I have a whole Saturday free, with no piano lessons to teach. It's not that I don't enjoy teaching; I do. But by this time of year, I'm ready for a break from working six days a week. I think Jamie and I will spend part of the afternoon taking a winter's worth of recyclables to the Recycling Centre (there's no curbside collection here).

For my older kids, this is also audition time. Iris did her dance audition for Ryerson University yesterday. She said it went well, she wasn't nervous, and now it's just a waiting game. She says if she doesn't get accepted, she's quite happy to stay at York, so we'll see what happens. Obviously I just want what's best for her. Alan has guitar auditions to do for both Selkirk and Grant MacEwan Colleges. He's opted to do them via DVD with his music teacher invigilating for him. Me thinks April/May will be a time of impatient waiting in our household.

No comments: