Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Home

Here it is not yet 5 a.m. and I'm wide awake...still on Nova Scotia time. Or is it Ontario time? In any event, my body clock is rather confused and bewildered and it will take several days to settle it back down. Being in N.S. was hard - it's pretty tough seeing someone who all his life has been strong and vibrant suffer the indignities that come with Alzheimer's. But there were good times too -- visiting with my friends Ellen and Lucca (although by the time I got to Lucca's I was in such a daze from lack of sleep and worry that I was little more than a walking zombie!).

Now it's time to settle back into the fall routine: dance classes, teaching piano, overseeing Jamie's homework, etc. There's the garden to clear out, the wood to stack, the fall berry picking to be done.

Yes, it's good to be home.

No comments: