Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Sore Again

Jeepers, it seems I've been sore a lot this summer. First it was the week of yoga I took early in July. Last week it was two hours a night of jazz/hip hop and modern, offered through the dance school's summer camp. This week it's a special session of flamenco classes. And next week it's another six-day yoga session.

My aim, apart from the fact that I love to do this stuff, is to keep in reasonable shape over the summer months when my regular dance classes aren't running, and if possible, to lose a few pounds. Since I'm not a runner, hate to go to the gym, and don't play organized sports, I needed to find something to keep from turning into a blimp.

I'm not sure I've actually lost any weight this summer, but I feel good, in spite of the achy muscles and creaky knees. And that, after all, is really what it's all about.

No comments: