Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Susan

Susan crossed over yesterday morning. Now Roy and the boys have moved into 'busy mode', making all the arrangements for visitation, funeral, etc. I'm flying down tomorrow to help out wherever I can and to give general support. My older brother can't attend....he's got a commitment he can't get out of, plus some one needs to stay on the East Coast in case my dad takes another bad turn. As my friend Lucca pointed out, our family is rather thin on the ground at the moment.

Dad is still in the hospital and isn't doing all that well, but doctors are hoping they can get him to a point where he can go home in a week or so. I keep sending him telepathic messages, asking him to hang in there for a while yet, at least until we have a chance to mourn for Susan. He's a strong old bird...I think he still has some living to do.

No comments: