Thursday, May 8, 2008

And Then There Were Three

Two of my boys are leaving me tomorrow. Joe is heading down to Toronto for the next six weeks to take some courses at U of T. Alan is taking a slow drive down to Vancouver, with stops along the way to see some friends. Jamie and I will meet up with him mid-month for a concert. Last night Joe cooked a big farewell feast - delicious! We had quite a houseful. I was late for dinner because of a dance dress rehearsal. What a disaster that was for me!! In one number I got dizzy on stage during a turn and lost my balance; then lost the steps for the next few counts. After that I never did really get back in the groove. In another number, I just plain forgot some of the sequences. So this morning I'm madly walking through them all in my head.

Lucca, Joe and Iris are coming to opening night tonight. I hope I don't make a complete fool of myself.

It's been great having Lucca here...busy, but great. Yesterday we took ourselves off to the spa. She had a facial and I had a pedicure. Unfortunately, that pedicure got ruined last night after I danced in wet shoes (I had washed them earlier in the day and they didn't dry in time) and the wet black shoe polish seeped inside them and stained my pampered feet. I was not amused. Ah vanity!

2 comments:

Fawn said...

Sorry to hear about the pedi being ruined; it's not just vanity, it's annoying from a financial point of view, too! One thing I love about a pedicure (a very rare treat) is how long the prettiness lasts. It makes the price much easier to bear.

What kind of dance do you do? Where are you performing?

Janet said...

Hi Fawn. I take ballet, jazz, hip hop and flamenco classes. I hate going to the gym and I'm not much of a team sport kind of girl, so dance and yoga are pretty much the only exercise I get, apart from working in my garden. Performances are at the Arts Centre tonight and again tomorrow afternoon. The adults aren't performing on Saturday though.