Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Basking


It's standing room only at the manger today, the three wise men are on their way, and I am basking in the glow of Christmas aftermath. We visited, we played games, we ate and drank merrily, we re-connected with friends, family and neighbours (I still have more phone calls to make today); it really was a wonderful holiday.
I am overwhelmed at the thoughtfullness and generosity of people. The presents I received were given with care and forethought...a beautiful handmade jewellry box from Jamie, a pottery gravy boat from an artist neighbour (one of her own pieces), ice candles set up on my front step by another neighbour, home cooked cabbage rolls (yet another neighbour), a donation to the Canadian Red Cross for mosquito nets for families in Africa, some wonderful teas with memories to go along with them (from one of my best friends and fellow tea lover), the gift of music in the form of a new sound system....I could go on and on. I am feeling very blessed this holiday season.

No comments: