Monday, December 3, 2007

A Successful Evening

I'm feeling a bit sheepish as I post this. I had plans of taking lots of photos of our Advent Garden celebration. Truth is, once people arrived I go so busy that I completely forgot about taking photos. I will go out later this week and re-light all the candles in the garden, so you can see what it looked like. In the meantime, I'm posting some 'getting ready for the party photos'.

The party itself went well I think. The food was great (everyone brought a dish), the advent garden looked truly beautiful, and after we'd each played a part in creating the garden, and after we ate, someone read a Christmas story and a neighbour pulled out his guitar. I think everyone went home with a smile on their face.

(Above) The nature table is set up: the manger seen in the corner. (Below) The candles are ready to set in the garden, King Winter and his reindeer have appeared at the window, the cookies are made, the table is set, and the beeswax candles are made (each person is to receive one as they leave).



1 comment:

Lucca ... said...

This is a truly wonderful tradition. I can't wait to see the candles lit, if everything doesn't get covered in snow before you get to it! Glad you had a good time.
L