Thursday, December 20, 2007

Long John Weather

The temperature was -30 as I trundled off to the bus stop this morning in my multiple layers. I was grumbling as I walked, because I had just purchased some Yukon grown rye from Aurora Mountain Farm and had cooked up my first batch for breakfast, mixed with oatmeal, wild cranberries, and topped with maple syrup and yoghurt. It was delicious, but took longer to cook than I had predicted, so I only got to eat half of it before I had to bolt out the door.

I hate wasting food...especially home grown food like that. But with busses coming 40 minutes apart, it's not a matter of saying, "Ah, I'll just catch the next bus". Next time, I'll give myself 15 extra minutes, although I already get up at around 5 to do my yoga, etc. and it'll be tough to push myself out of bed any earlier than that.

No comments: