Monday, December 24, 2007

Ribbon Candy and Feasting

Remember this old fashioned candy? When I was a kid I could always count on finding some in my stocking. I especially loved the ribbon candy and was delighted when I discovered some at a corner store up here.

It's been a week-end of debaucherous feasting around our place. Yesterday I was still full from our Indian meal of Saturday night (a friend's birthday dinner) and this morning I'm still full from last night's offering of crab legs, roast beast, risotto, salad, antipasto, Christmas cookies and stewed cloudberries. And Christmas hasn't even officially started yet! I still need to get through tonight's tourtiere and a multitude of other delights, and then of course there's Christmas dinner. Yikes! I love it all though.

Merry Christmas and happy feasting everyone. And thanks be to the Gods that we have the fortune of being able to feast.

No comments: