Monday, June 18, 2007

Another Week-end Gone

Ah, Monday morning. It has come way too fast. The week-end was busy but rewarding for the most part. Saturday Joe rode Leg 1 in the Kluane Chilkat International Bike Relay. I had planned to come along to ferry bikes and people back and forth between legs, but we had a staff golf tournament that I had to help organize, so I stayed put. Golfing isn't my thing, let me tell you. But the meal afterwards was great (lots of king crab donated by our lawyer) so it was worth it.

Joe got in around midnight, looking none the worse for wear. In fact, I think he really enjoyed himself. Although he is not a competitive person, he did get a bit of a kick out of the fact that his time was faster than that of Alan's former (and much younger than Joe) soccer coach.

Sunday morning the two boys got up and made breakfast for Joe. We then went off to visit Grandma Sophie, and when we came back Jamie took his dad out for coffee before heading off to work at Dairy Queen.

Iris finally stirred around lunchtime, and she and Alan took Joe's truck to get it washed. She also gave him a beautiful card with a photo of her and Joe dancing together at her prom. We ended the day with a barbecue - the first time in ages we've used our picnic table. Rain threatened, but we got through the meal without much more than a drop or two. Dessert (strawberry shortcake) came later, once we were back inside.

Later in the evening, I tackled the job of aerating one of my two rather large compost piles. My back isn't very happy with me this morning, but my gardens will thank me once this stuff is 'cooked'.

No comments: