Friday, June 29, 2007

Saying Good-bye

This will be my last post from Newfoundland, as I head for Halifax tomorrow. It's been a grand trip. Today, wanting to the make the most of the final hours here, I got up early and made the trek up to Signal Hill...this time by way of a Parks Canada trail instead of the road. The fog was thick, which meant I couldn't get a sense of the view, but I was actually glad of that because it allowed me to focus on the things right in front of my nose instead: the gorgeous wildflowers, the large intricate spider webs hanging heavy with dew, and the dozens upon dozens of snails crawling across the trail. In some places I had to pick my way carefully along to avoid stepping on any of these creatures.

This afternoon, Ted and Griffin joined me and others from the conference on a whale watching trip. Unfortunately, we didn't see any whales, but we did see an amazing iceberg, and hundreds of sea birds.

I ended my day with Ted's two children while he and Kathryn spent some well deserved time together. I'm very fond of both little ones and I will miss them. I'll miss the big ones too!

No comments: