Sunday, June 24, 2007

Potato Blues

To those non-gardeners among you, forgive me, but I am going to use this blog to keep a record of what has grown in my garden this year and how it has done. Keeping track of the good, the bad and the ugly will hopefully lead to an improved garden in future years. The ugly currently is that there seems to be something terribly wrong with my potatoes. While they should be a good six inches high by now, they are barely breaking through the ground. I tested the ph of the soil, and while it is neutral (and potatoes do best in acidic soil) it's not that far off the mark that they should be behaving this way. Maybe they just need to be neglected, and they'll get that chance this week as I head off to Newfoundland.

Now for some of the good: my garden 'yellows'.

















No comments: